Terms & Conditions
Occupants and Sleeping Arrangements:
The maximum occupancy is 9 people, including children.
Our cottage has 4 bedrooms which sleep as follows:
- Upstairs: Queen and 2 bunk bed Twins, plus two full bathrooms
- Downstairs: Queen and Full and Twin, plus one full bathroom
Booking and Payment Policy:
To hold your reservation we require a down payment of 50% of your rental fee plus a copy of your government picture I.D. The remaining balance is payable, no less than 30 days prior to check-in date. At this time a maximum $500 damage deposit is required depending on length of stay. (Please refer to damage deposit policy for additional information) Payments may be made via email money transfer, PayPal, or credit card. A $20 fee is added for all international payments.
The Rates are as follows:
Off Season – September to June
- $800 weekly
- $200 nightly (minimum 2 nights)
Peak Season – July and August
- $1500 weekly
We realize that unfortunate situations do arise and that your plans may change. However a last minute cancellation gives us little chance of filling the space . We would be happy to offer you a refund of 50% of your initial deposit, should your cancellation be more than 30 days prior to your check-in date.
Damage Deposit Policy:
A security deposit of $200 is required for all stays less than 7 nights or $500 for 7 nights or greater. It is payable at least 30 days prior to check-in. It will be refundable within 10 business days after check-out providing that the property is left in good condition. Property and all furnishings shall be kept in good order. Appliances should only be used for their intended uses. Guests shall not incur damage to owner’s property; if damage should occur the owner has the right to seek compensation for damages. Mill Lake Getaway reserves the right to withhold the deposit for any situation arising, including, but not limited to, the list below:
- Damage to property or contents
- Smoking, candle or incense burning, or the use of fireworks
- Items removed from the cottage
- Complaints of Un-neighborly behavior such as excessively, loud noise, etc.
- Excessively Dirty: Property must be left in the condition it was found upon checking in, this includes, carpets, oven etc. If necessary, a cleaning fee will be charged upon departure. Please refer to the Cleaning Policy for additional information.
- People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Day visitors are the sole responsibility of the paying guest and must abide by the same policies.
- Parties are not allowed, please be respectful of the neighbors and refrain from being excessively loud.
- Mill Lake Getaway is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses, which occur while on the premises or its facilities. Mill Lake Getaway is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
- PETS are NOT permitted.
- There is sufficient parking for multiple vehicles. They are to be parked in designated parking areas only. (Not on the lawn) Parking on the road is not permitted.
- Children must be supervised at all times, especially near the lake.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the cottage, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the unit.
- The property is on a well and septic systems. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Do NOT Flush anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $3,000.
- The Guest shall not set up any tents on the property or any RV’s on or in front of the property.
- There are no refunds for storms or hurricanes. There is, however, a generator available for your use in the unlikely chance of an extended power outage. Please contact us immediately if this is the case.
Smoking and the use of Combustibles:
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Fireworks are not allowed to be stored or used on the property.
- The use of fire accelerants is not allowed.
There is a canoe available for your use. We also provide life jackets in limited sizes. These MUST be worn at all times while using the canoe. Upon booking, the guest will be asked to agree to the terms and conditions. The Canoe waiver is located in our terms and conditions. By agreeing to this, the paying guest agrees to the waiver and accepts responsibility for all guests.
We make every effort to ensure that Mill Lake Getaway is spotless and well maintained when you check in. Upon your arrival, if you find anything broken or out of the ordinary please let us know immediately. As renters, you must assume responsibility for any damage including excessive cleaning costs caused as a result of your stay. Frequent examples are stained carpets, furniture, bedding and towels, damaged furniture and kitchenware. It is our expectation that you will leave the cabin in a clean and tidy state. Please be respectful of our cottage and grounds and treat it as if it were your own. We just ask a couple of favours to help our housekeeper prepare for our next guests.
- Please remove all food items from the cupboards and fridge
- Please place all trash, including bathroom trash bags, in a large black garbage bag provided, and dispose of it in the dumpster at the end of the drive way
- Please put the used towels and sheets in the laundry room
- Please load all dishes into the dishwasher and run it on the normal cycle.
- Please turn the heat down to 16C (October to April)
- Please lock all doors and close all windows.
Canoe Waiver & Assumption of Risk
I, the undersigned guest, hereby acknowledge the understanding that I will be physically and mentally well enough to make sound judgment to protect my own safety and the safety of those around me; as well I understand that there are risks involved which are outside the control of Mill Lake Getaway. These risks involve loss of life, personal injury, and loss or damage to property. I, as a guest understand that problems may occur due to the decisions made by myself, by bystanders or other users of the facilities or lake. I, the guest agree to wear a life vest at all times. I, the guest, assume the responsibility to ensure I choose the correct life vest to ensure my safety. Mill Lake Getaway does not guarantee that there will be a life vest that will fit every size of individual. I, the guest, understand that I may have to forfeit the opportunity to use the canoe if there is not a life vest that will fit me correctly.
I, the guest, hereby acknowledge that there must be no more than three guests in the canoe at any time. I, the guest, agree NOT to allow any of my outside guests the use of the canoe without permission from Mill Lake Getaway management.
I, the guest, agree to abide by all laws and waterway regulations while using the canoe. Glass containers are prohibited on the lake. Littering is prohibited on the lake. By law, life vests are required for children thirteen years of age and under. By law, life vests are required in the canoe per person for guests over the age of thirteen years old, (I have agreed to wear my life vest at all times).
I, the guest understand it is my responsibility to be sure I have all required equipment prior to launching.
In consideration of Mill Lake Getaway to enable me the use of their canoe, I hereby assume all risks of injury, all loss of life to myself and loss of or damage to property arising out of my participation.
I further understand that Mill Lake Getaway carries no insurance for the protection of guests who use their canoe and any insurance coverage existing with respect to Mill Lake Getaway shall not alter the terms of this waiver nor impose any liability on Mill Lake Getaway and employees, each of whom are fully released from all liability by me.
I, the guest, understand that I am financially liable for any loss or damage to rental equipment belonging to Mill Lake Getaway due to negligence on my part. I, the guest, also will be responsible for putting the canoe back on the lawn, upside down and re-setting the lock. I will also ensure that the life jackets and paddles are returned to their storage location inside the cottage.
I, the renting guest, take FULL responsibility for my entire rental party. I will ensure that they will abide by the above rules, and I accept the terms on their behalf.
You will receive entry instructions after your full balance is paid.